Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Taking a poll







To all my fellow home makers of the blogging world....
This year I am trying to be as organized as possible. And since I work - A LOT - I was trying to decide on which way of cleaning my house and doing house chores would be more effective. Since I work so much, when I am home, I want to spend my time with Garrett or doing other things. So, I'm trying to see which works best and thought I would ask my girls which you find to work best for you.
A. Create a chore list and do one thing a day i.e. Monday - Laundry day etc. (This way it's only a short time each day and I don't feel like it's a huge task ahead of me)
B. Only clean once a week (This way it's only one day and I could spend the morning doing it and get it out of the way)
What do ya think???? Does that even make sense????

10 comments:

Karalee Ann said...

Well I always do one thing each day and it seems to work for me. That way I don't get an overload of things to do that overwhelm me. But of course it doesn't always happen that way in my house, but that is what I try to do.

Brianna said...

Before I had a baby I would do it all in one day. Now, I do one or two things each day and I hate it. It's so much better for me knowing that my house is completely clean for the entire week ahead, that way, everyother night of the week is free to hang out. Either way...make Garrett HELP YOU!! :) hehe.

linzi said...

I second that - I couldn't do it if Michael didn't help me. I'm not very traditional in that sense though...for the most part, I don't really believe in gender roles when it comes to housework!! Especially when I am busy too!

I also find that it helps to do certain things everyday - like always have the dishes done, pick up little things, and the bed made - and then concentrate on the deeper cleaning one day a week. When little things like that are done it is motivating to not be so messy!

But anyway, I hope that all is well! What are you guys up to? Anything new and exciting?!!!

~..kass..~ said...

I guess I am in a different boat with 2 kids that make way more messes then they clean up lol I just clean when ever I get a chance. Some things need everyday, like sweeping and scrubbing counters, laundry lalala... but I feel ya on being busy! I do photography on the side and with so many soldiers leaving so soon I have been SO busy! Last week i had a shoot sun-sunday the next week, and with my soldier also leaving so soon I want to soak up time with him instead of clean. OK so i am sure my answer fits NO where in your poll lol sorry haha

Errin said...

Me and Jared always split the chores. Usually on Saturday I will clean the upstairs and we will clean the downstairs and it only takes us an hour. It goes by way faster when you got help! :)

SKendall said...

Sister-
You are so silly haha I think you should try both and see what works best with your sched if you and gertty (JK) both do one thing a day then by the weekend its all done and then you'll have more time with each other. However, when you both do it all in one day then its done for the week and you have more time in the evening with him. I dont know both of your scheds, but either way its gotta be your call everyone is different for me one week its nice to do a lil everyday and the next its all in one day.
with love- lil sis

Christina P. said...

Two words: Cleaning Lady!!! They are not as expensive as you think!! You work hard, you should reward yourself and not waste your time cleaning!

KayDee said...

Hey Aubs! It's KayDee (Jensen) Saw your blog on someone's. I havn't seen you forever!! Are you guys in Santa Clara?? I say make the list..... do one htings at a time. The rest will still be waiting!

Courtney said...

I like to do all my laundry in one day and then all my other cleaning stuff on another day. However I keep things flexible. Sometimes I'll clean all my floors on one day and then dust and do that bathroom the other day. Good luck!

Natalie Loris said...

I tried to clean a little everyday, but like you I like to spend time with my husband. So that plan failed miserably for me. I only clean on saturdays now. Except for dishes- I do those almost everynight :)

Blog Archive