Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy 25th Birthday Garrett!

Garrett didn't quite know what to think about his birthday this year. In fact, he was kinda freaking out about being HALFWAY to the big 50. So what better to celebrate then making a BIG deal about it. :) hehehe, what a good wife! So we had a BIG birthday breakfast, with LOTS of decorations (streamers, a sign out on the lawn, a sign on the front door, EVERYTHING said "halfway" over the hill), and a LOT of BLACK and things such as his cake that had a BIG headstone that says R.I.P. hehe, I'm terrible huh?



















But it didn't turn out as bad as he thought it would. We had one of his best friends from his mission and his darling wife (Caid and Alicia) in town to celebrate with us. So we headed down to Vegas for some fun. We made a pit stop in Mesquite and played B-I-N-G-O! Then it was off to Vegas! Of course we didn't stop IN Vegas right away, we had to go straight to the mens playhouse a.k.a. the Bass Pro Shops! After the boys had their fun walking around and drooling over everything they want or should I say NEED, the girls said it was time to shop. So we went to the Forum Shops and ate at Planet Holleywood and then went to Circus Circus and played all the arcade games like skiiball and darts. It was fun. We always have such a good time with Caid and Alicia. I was really nervous when they first came to stay with us and thought we would have to spend the whole time entertaining them, but we turned out to be twins seperated at birth, so now we absolutely can't wait till they come to see us! Then Sunday we had the whole family over to have some more laughs at my "OLD" husband! Happy birthday honey! You're still young to me, but we will have many more years to come!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Caid and Alicia Evans said...

ha,ha! Seriously?!?... we are so ALIKE it's freakin me out! :0) Your blog is just like mine!!
That's funny you were nervous the first time we stayed with you... cause I was FREAKIN out myself! haha turns out.. we're sisters! haha
sorry we missed the homecoming! I hope you guys had a good time!
love ya!

Christina P. said...

That is so funny!! My husband is turning 30 this year and he is FREAKING out! I kinda want to do something big for it also!!

Lainee said...

I love the pictures! The party was fun. Thanks again for tending Addie. You know I don't leave her with just anyone, your pretty special! :) I am glad you had fun with her. She loves you guys, and I do too!

~..kass..~ said...

Happy bday garr! I am about 2 months from my 1/2 way to 50...sweet

The Wrights said...

Happy birthday Garrett! Hope it was a great one.. and don't worry we still think your young! We sure wish you would have come to play games with us a couple weekends ago with Jessica and Derek. We will have to do it again soon.

Lexie said...

happy 25th Garrett! Good job with the picasa aub. The party looks way cute and fun!

Nat B. said...

Looks like fun!! Tell Garrett if he thinks 25 is bad, wait till the big 30 comes along!

Jami Hansen said...

Happy Birthday to Garrett! He still is young. Dan put a sign for my 30th b-day. It was on the garage so everyone new I was 30. Now 30 is old. It looks like he had a really fun b-day that you put together.

Higbee said...

Happy late bday Garrett! That's so funny you put a RIP sign on the cake! haha

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute, funny wife! Too bad he'll probably get you back just as bad when you turn 25! ha!

Blog Archive