Sunday, October 25, 2009

Here Deer! here Deer!















I told Garrett that I've been itching to camp for the last two years, but we have just been so busy that we've never got around to planning a trip. Well this year for the Deer Hunt - we went all out. Tents and all! We drove past the most beautiful fall colors of changing leaves, and pull up to our camp - BURNT. Yea, this should be fun. At least we have fire wood. too WINDY for a fire. Well no fire, let's cook dinner, where's the griddle for the STEAKS.....weren't you in charge of bringing that? Improvise. Find something left behind from the previous campers out in NATURE. Hot hot fire, lots of oil to disinfect. I am NOT eating those....well I am pretty hungry, dang these are GOOD steaks! Yummy Yummy DUTCH OVEN potatoes.
This is pretty much how the trip went. Fly by the seat of our pants. We did a lot of improvising on this trip. We went on a lot of fun four wheeler rides, saw very little deer, and actually got sun burnt from CAMPING - who woulda thought.
For a funny countdown of the greatest memories from camping go to Lainee's blog.
Thanks Lain - it sure was fun. Until next year!

1 comments:

Courtney said...

I am impressed that you attended the deer hunt, way to support your hubby =) If you ever travel up this way let me know so I can meet up with you somewhere!

Blog Archive